Maine Coast TV welcomes and encourages program submissions from the community. As long as you are a resident of Knox County or an organization based in Knox County, you can be a producer. Programs could have been created by you or by someone else that has given you permission to air the program.
The following conditions apply to all submissions of programming to Maine Coast TV:
1. You will need to submit a program request form, which puts the responsibility on you that the program you will provide to us conforms to our rules. If you are a minor, you will need a parent or guardian to sign the form.
2. Programs may not contain advertisements, material that promotes a lottery, copyrighted material unless the producer has written permission from the copyright holder, libelous or slanderous material, material that is an invasion of privacy, material that violates state, or federal laws relating to obscenity, direct solicitation or appeal for funds except as permitted by Maine Coast TV, or any material that violates local, state or federal laws.
3. By submitting your programming to Maine Coast TV, you are agreeing to allow us to distribute this programming via our cable channel, on-demand, streaming, and any other means which we may use in the future. Unless specifically requested by you in writing, at time of submission or at a later date, there is assumed to be no time limit on our use of the programming.
4. Maine Coast TV does recognize that producers may need outside funding to produce their shows and may want to include sponsorships in their programs. The rules for sponsor messages include, no call to action, no pricing details, a limit of 2 minutes of embedded sponsor messages per half hour, with a limit of 20 seconds per sponsor message.
5. Programming longer than 27 minutes in duration should be in multiples of 28 minutes (i.e. 28, 56, 84, etc.) to allow Maine Coast TV time for station ids, internal promotions/interstituals, and sponsorship messages. Programming should be trimmed with no blank space, color bars, etc. at the beginning and at the end of the programming.
6. If the Station Manager believes that any program produced and submitted for airing on Maine Coast TV violates community standards, a decision as to whether to air the program will be made by the Station Manager. If any program includes any of the aforementioned elements, a viewer advisory must be included immediately prior to the beginning of the program stating: “The following program contains material that some viewers may find objectionable or inappropriate.” The viewer advisory must be displayed on screen at the beginning for the program for 10 seconds. Responsibility for including the viewer advisory rests with the program’s producer. Programs with viewer advisories will be scheduled after 11:00 PM.
7. Series Programs: Any presenter who submits programming on a regular basis, at least one program each month, may be granted a regular series time slot at the Station Manager’s discretion. A producer given a regular time slot must produce one new program per month to maintain the series slot.
8. All programming submitted will be broadcast on a best effort basis. Maine Coast TV will not be liable for any rescheduling, delays or omissions of programming.
9. Programs submitted for cablecast must meet Maine Coast TV’s technical standards. A list of technical standards is available at the access facility. No programs in physical form will be returned. All programs must be submitted electronically or via some disposable method such as DVD.
10. This policy is subject to change. Final interpretation is at the discretion of the Station Manager.